Wed, Dec 11|
Impact Hub San Francisco
The Art of Productive Conflict - all day workshop
Most human beings don’t handle disagreements very well, have you noticed?
Time & Location
Dec 11, 2019, 9:15 AM – 5:00 PM
Impact Hub San Francisco, 1885 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
About the Event
Most human beings don’t handle disagreements very well…have you
noticed? However, for any community to function effectively: they must work out how
to reach agreements, handle conflict, hear one another, be clear and efficient in their
exchanges, and generally be responsive to others in their spheres of influence.
Who is the program for? This training is critical for any business person who works
cross-functionally, is involved in meetings with varying seniority or technical levels in
an organization, interacts with teams dealing with difficult or challenging issues, or
wants to enhance their ability to engage in almost any form of interaction skillfully.
Your business effectiveness and personal sanity may depend on it how you show up
in these situations!
Participants will learn how to:
• Skillfully communicate with a difficult person or group
• Raise and address any highly charged issue
• Soften deeply entrenched points of view
• Demonstrate good listening – whether in conflict or not!
• Use a powerful 3 step ART model to handle challenging questions
• Defuse hostility when possible, and minimize defensiveness
• Apply a simple listener analysis tool to sensitize yourself to other’s
• Command the 5 channels of expression that affect conflict outcomes
• Reduce stress associated with challenging interactions
• Create a compelling, structured, and persuasive case when necessary
• Keep conversations positive and forward-moving
Designed to produce lasting behavior change:
• Each skill/tool is practiced with video feedback, and built upon prior learned
• 20 max participants
• The practices are applied to a variety of relevant real-life scenarios
• Experiential, highly interactive, fun, and broadly applicable tools and principles
• 5 critical communication areas covered:1) the structure of your
communication, 2) your physical behaviors, 3) how you listen, 4) what you say,
5) how you demonstrate understanding and empathy
Get your ticket by Nov 30th for $225. After it's $259.
For any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Bird Ticket
The Art of Productive Conflict on Dec 11, 2019