Tue, May 19|
THE ART OF PRODUCTIVE CONFLICT (2hrs) VIRTUAL
Most human beings don’t handle disagreements very well, have you noticed?
Time & Location
May 19, 2020, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
About the Event
Most human beings don’t handle disagreements very well…have you noticed? However, for any community to function effectively: they must work out how to reach agreements, handle conflict, hear one another, be clear and efficient in their exchanges, and generally be responsive to others in their spheres of influence.
Who is the program for? This training is critical for any business person who works cross-functionally is involved in meetings with varying seniority or technical levels in an organization that interacts with teams dealing with difficult or challenging issues, or wants to enhance their ability to engage in almost any form of interaction skillfully. Your business effectiveness and personal sanity may depend on it how you show up in these situations!
- Communicate with a difficult person or group
- Address a highly charged issue
- Soften deeply entrenched points of view
- Handle challenging questions
- Demonstrate good listening – whether in conflict or not
- Sensitize oneself to another’s perspective
- Defuse hostility when possible
- Make a compelling and persuasive case when necessary
- Keep conversations positive and forward-moving