Mastering Presentations - all-day public program
Time & Location
About the Event
The single most important skill in business is the ability to communicate clearly and effectively. The Mastering Presentations program is a powerful and transformative workshop in a small group setting that will help you to improve communication, develop skills to help with negotiation and persuasion, and manage challenging interactions effectively.
Seats are limited. Register Now.
The Problem – Nervousness, lack of executive presence and confidence, not setting context well, too much information, not knowing enough about listeners, ineffective visual support, and overcoming derailing comments or dilution of focus.
Audience – All employees that work on small or large projects, team members, leaders, and managers. This program is designed for any business person who wants to differentiate themselves and achieve more consistent results in their formal and informal presentations.
The Solution: Develop Key Skills
1) Effective Behaviors
Project confidence, build credibility, address nervousness, and manage distractions through skillful use of eye contact, posture, gestures, movement, voice, pausing and rhythm, etc.
2) Compelling and Memorable Content
Organize clear, succinct, listener focused messages, designed for impact and persuasiveness.
3) Listener Adaptability
Adjust content and approach to match various technical levels and demographics.
4) PowerPoint and Visual Support Strategy
Design and use effective visuals. Relate skillfully to physical elements such as laptops, notes, handouts, and whiteboards.
5) Interaction & Conflict Management
Maintain attention and engagement. Handle difficult questions. Keep conversations positive and forward-moving.
6) Delivery in Varied Formats
Apply best practices for seated, informal presentations, demos, technical training, teleconference, web meetings.
CREATE LASTING BEHAVIOR CHANGE
• 4 videotaped exercises per participant
• Immediate private viewing of each videotaped practice
• 6 interactive learning modules
• Practice in various modes including seated, informal, 1:1
• Coaching sheets, job aids, and coursebook
• Personal SD card with up to 12 minutes of practice & coaching comments • 10 participant limit to maximize individual attention and coaching
Benefits of the program:
· Improve communication with management & business partners
· More engaged employees
· Develop skills to help with negotiation and persuasion
· Communicate information vs. data
· Manage challenging interactions effectively
· Review and rehearse real content
· Help with design, review, and rehearsal of material
· Ongoing practice and development
· Practice extemporaneously in think on your feet situations
Seats are limited to 10 participants