Mon, Oct 04|
Online Class Via Zoom
Mastering Presentations - 2 hrs virtual workshop
The single most important skill in business is the ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Mastering Presentations is a powerful and transformative workshop in a small group setting that will help you to improve communication, develop skills to help with negotiation,
Time & Location
Oct 04, 2021, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM PDT
Online Class Via Zoom
About the Event
The single most important skill in business is the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Mastering Presentations is a powerful and transformative workshop that will help you to improve communication, develop skills to help with negotiation and persuasion, and manage challenging interactions effectively.
The Problem – Nervousness, lack of executive presence and confidence, not setting context well, too much information, not knowing enough about listeners, ineffective visual support, and overcoming derailing comments or dilution of focus.
Audience – All employees that work on small or large projects, team members, leaders, and managers. This program is designed for any business person who wants to differentiate themselves and achieve more consistent results in their formal and informal presentations.
The Solution: Develop Key Skills
1) Effective Behaviors
Project confidence, build credibility, address nervousness, and manage distractions through skillful use of eye contact, posture, gestures, movement, voice, pausing and rhythm, etc.
2) Compelling and Memorable Content
Organize clear, succinct, listener-focused messages, designed for impact and persuasiveness.
3) Listener Adaptability
Adjust content and approach to match various technical levels and demographics.
4) PowerPoint and Visual Support Strategy
Design and use effective visuals. Relate skillfully to physical elements such as laptops, notes, handouts, and whiteboards.
5) Interaction & Conflict Management
Maintain attention and engagement. Handle difficult questions. Keep conversations positive and forward-moving.
6) Delivery in Varied Formats
Apply best practices for seated, informal presentations, demos, technical training, teleconference, web meetings.
- Behavioral skills - physical communication behaviors that support engagement, credible presence, and elimination of nervousness and distracting idiosyncrasies
- Listener adaptability - stakeholder analysis and planning, reaching agreement on actionable next steps
- Content - clarity and organizational structure, succinctness, persuasion, and mental agility tools for extemporaneous speaking